Order a health check
A health check is an effective way to monitor your well-being and detect any abnormalities or health risks at an early stage. By regularly conducting health markers, you can spot potential problems before they develop into serious conditions. It gives you the opportunity to take measures in time to improve your health, while giving you the right conditions to optimize your health and also reduce the risk of complications.
A health checkup may include various tests and samples, depending on your individual needs and health goals. It may include blood tests to analyze blood sugar levels, cholesterol levels and vitamin deficiencies, as well as examinations of the heart, lungs and other vital organs. At the Test reception, we mainly focus on analysis and interpretation of your blood values. By ordering a health check, you get an overall picture of your health and can take control of your well-being.
Personal or general health check?
When you consider ordering a health check with us, there are different options to choose from: personal or general checks. Both have their benefits and it is important to choose the option that best suits your individual needs, health goals and your current state of health.
Personal health check?
With a personal health check, you design your own health check by freely choosing health tests from our range. Typically, you focus on specific areas of your health or to follow up on individual health markers that were previously outside the reference range. It may also be relevant if you have a family history of specific diseases or if you have specific health concerns that you would like to investigate in more detail. A personal health check is especially useful when specific tests can provide clear results and help optimize your health.
General health check
General health checks are pre-defined and designed by our doctors to give you a more comprehensive picture of your health and include a wider set of tests. During a general health check, samples can be taken to analyze blood values, liver and kidney function and to detect any inflammation in the body. It may also include tests for thyroid function, hormonal imbalance and PSA levels to rule out prostate problems in men.
A general health check provides a comprehensive assessment of your well-being and can help identify potential health risks and abnormalities. It gives you the opportunity to take measures in time to improve your health and reduce the risk of serious diseases. In addition, a doctor's report based on your test results is also included.
What is included in a health check?
A health check may include various tests and examinations depending on the samples you choose to take and the type of check you order. Here are some common areas and analyzes that may be included in a health check when you submit a blood sample:
- Glucose (blood sugar) - to screen for diabetes and monitor blood sugar levels.
- Cholesterol - to assess the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Iron - to screen for anemia and iron deficiency.
- Vitamin D - to assess levels of this important nutrient.
- CRP (C-reactive protein) - to measure inflammation in the body.
- Blood status (hemoglobin, red and white blood cells) - to evaluate blood quality and detect any deficiencies or diseases.
- B vitamins (eg vitamin B12 and folate) - to assess levels of these important vitamins.
- Calcium - to evaluate bone health and regulation of the body's calcium levels.
- Urinalysis - to detect any abnormalities or infections in the urine.
- Liver tests (eg ALT, AST) - to assess liver function and detect possible liver damage or disease.
Some health checks also offer the option of testing hormone levels. This may be particularly relevant for women who want to monitor their hormonal balance and identify any imbalances that may affect their well-being. Hormonal tests may include analysis of estrogen, progesterone, testosterone and thyroid hormones.
Other health tests
A health check may also include other specific tests and examinations depending on your individual needs and health goals. If you are looking for specific health markers, we recommend that you design a personal health check. Note, however, that a doctor's report is not included in the price when you create your own health check and/or order individual health tests.
Other health tests
A health check may also include other specific tests and examinations depending on your individual needs and health goals. If you are looking for specific health markers, we recommend that you design a personal health check. Note, however, that a doctor's report is not included in the price when you create your own health check and or order individual health tests.
How do I order a health check?
Ordering a health check is easy and is carried out online directly with us. After you have paid at the till, we create the referral and send it to the reception you have chosen. Here's how to do it:
- Choose a health check or create your own by adding optional health tests at checkout. Consider your individual needs and health goals.
- At checkout, you can choose which reception you want to go to to give your blood sample. We offer several different sampling units.
- Pay for your health check and enter the email address to use to log in to your medical record.
- Shortly after completed payment, we will send a confirmation that your referral has been created and sent to the selected reception.
- Your test answers are reported in the test answer service as soon as the analysis is complete. In normal cases, you will receive test results within 1-4 days.
Remember to follow the instructions given and carry out the health check as agreed. In the event of any deviations, you will always be contacted by our doctor who can discuss, give advice and possibly refer you on. If you have any questions about your test answers, you are always welcome to contact us for advice.
By ordering a health check, you take control of your health and get valuable information about your well-being. It gives you the opportunity to take action in time and improve your health in the long term. Take responsibility for your health and book a health check today!