About the allergen in willow (sell)
The allergen in willow, which is also called willow, is the proteins found in the pollen from these trees. Pollen from willow can cause allergic reactions in people who are sensitive to it.
The proteins in willow pollen can cause allergic reactions which can include symptoms such as sneezing, runny nose, itching and red eyes. In more serious cases, it can lead to breathing difficulties and asthma.
It is also important to note that willow can cause contact allergy in some people, which means that an allergic reaction occurs when the skin comes into direct contact with the tree or its products.
For people who are allergic to willow pollen, it may be helpful to avoid areas with high levels of pollen during the pollen season, use allergy medication recommended by a doctor or allergy specialist, or perform allergy vaccination (hyposensitization) to reduce the body's sensitivity to the allergen. For people with a contact allergy to willow, it is best to avoid direct contact with the tree or its products.
How can I find out if I am allergic to willow?
A blood test can be used to investigate an allergy to willow pollen by measuring the levels of specific antibodies in the blood that are associated with allergic reactions to willow pollen. The test is called a specific IgE test.
The results of the test will show whether or not you have an allergic reaction to the willow pollen. If the levels of specific IgE antibodies are high, it may indicate that you are allergic to willow pollen.
It is important to note that the result of an IgE test does not always correlate completely with symptoms of allergy, and that the test is only part of the investigation process.
If you take a willow allergy test and your IgE antibodies are found to be elevated, you can show your result to a doctor or allergy specialist who can help you with a full assessment and possible treatment.